Macon Wrongful Death Attorneys
Bringing You Decades of Legal Experience in Georgia
Losing a family member is one of the most difficult experiences you can endure. If their death was the result of an accident caused by someone else’s recklessness or negligence, it can be even more devastating. In this difficult time, you and your family can seek justice through a wrongful death claim against the at-fault party. Your claim can help you recover financial and emotional damages while holding the responsible party accountable for the situation.
At Childers & McCain, we understand the financial and emotional hardships you may be facing after the wrongful death of your loved one. Our Macon wrongful death lawyers have an abundance of experience in handling all the factors involved in building, negotiating, or litigating your case.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim in Georgia
Wrongful death claims are subject to the rules of Georgia law. Under this law, wrongful death claims must generally be filed within two years of the date of the deceased person’s death.
Those who may file a wrongful death claim include:
- A spouse, who will also represent the interests of the couple’s minor children
- Surviving children
- Surviving parents
- The person who represents the decedent’s estate
Through a wrongful death claim, you can see a variety of damages, including both tangible and intangible losses.
These can include:
- The medical expenses accrued before your loved one’s death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The pain and suffering that the decedent may have experienced
- The lost wages or income that the decedent would have earned
- The loss of affection, care, or other emotional support that the decedent would have provided if he or she had lived
Let Us Shoulder the Burden of Your Wrongful Death Claim
Whether your case involves a negligent driver, medical malpractice, a defective product, or some other scenario, Childers & McCain has the compassion, knowledge, and experience needed to help you through this ordeal. Our firm will work diligently to help you seek justice and bring a measure of closure to your life.
Call us at (478) 242-2443 today.