Macon Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Representing Victims of Bicycle Accident Injuries in Georgia
Anyone struck while riding a bicycle can sustain serious, even life-threatening injuries. With little bodily protection aside from a helmet, cyclists can wind up with injuries to the head, neck, back, and spine along with fractures, sprains, lacerations, internal bleeding, organ damage, and more. Such injuries can take months or even years to recover from.
If you or someone you love has been injured as a bicyclist due to someone else’s negligence, or if you have lost a loved one in a fatal bicycle accident, you have the right to pursue compensation for the damages you have sustained. This is done through a personal injury claim. Before talking to any insurance company, you would be better served by seeking the counsel and representation of a trusted attorney.
At Childers & McCain you can work with a legal team that has earned a reputation for successfully resolving personal injury cases since 2005. Our bicycle accident lawyers in Macon bring 29 years of combined legal experience to the table in helping you seek fair and just compensation.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Georgia
Bicycling has grown in popularity across the U.S. and in Georgia as a means of transportation, sport, and exercise. Unfortunately, that means we have also seen a rise in accidents for cyclists who often must compete with cars and trucks for space on roads. According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, an average of 800 biking accidents occur annually in the state. The majority of these end up in injuries to the cyclists.
Larger cities such as Macon see far more accidents than rural areas due to traffic density. These accidents occur more often and result in more serious injuries.
They are often caused by:
- Driver inattention
- Driver distraction (texting, talking on a cell phone, adjusting devices, grooming)
- Driver failing to yield or engaging in other moving violations
- Drunk drivers
- Hazardous road conditions
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
After being struck by a car while on your bicycle there are certain steps you should take following the accident:
- Whether or not you believe your injuries are serious, wait for the police to arrive and assess the situation before allowing the motorist to leave the scene; do NOT negotiate with the driver
- Obtain medical attention immediately, even if you don't believe your injuries are severe
- Get the driver's contact information and driver's license/plate number
- Gather contact information of any witnesses to the accident
- Document the scene by taking pictures and taking notes about what occurred, the injuries you received, and any damage to personal property
- Do not speak with the driver's insurance company without first discussing your case with a professional bicycle accident lawyer
Get Professional Representation from Childers & McCain
Trying to get a fair settlement from an insurance company can be frustrating and futile. Their primary interest is not to fully compensate you but to maintain corporate profits. That is why you need professional legal representation from a bicycle accident firm that has demonstrated its competence in this field in the past. Our legal team has the knowledge, experience, and resources to fully fight for the justice you deserve in the wake of any bicycle accident.